Did you know that gratitude has benefits that impact your health, wealth, and your life when practiced regularly? Yep! Practicing an attitude of gratitude strengthens your mind, body and spirit! Oh, and it also strengthens your relationships, your ability to solve problems, your ability to manage your emotions, your academic performance, your athletic abilities, and how much energy you have for any other task or responsibility in your life. Even more, gratitude keeps you celebrating the present moment. What a gift! I’m so grateful!
When you can find the positive and the opportunity in problems, and find something to be grateful for in every experience, you will feel more energized, positive and will be able to easily find successful and positive solutions in all areas of your life.
Here are some suggestions for a daily gratitude practice – keep a journal!
1. Every morning, before you leave the house, think of the top 3 things that have happened to you so far that day.
2. At the end of the day, write down all of the best things that happened.
3. Acknowledge and recognize someone for something, even if it’s for simply being a loyal and good friend.
Here are some questions to ponder as you are considering what you are grateful for today:
· What are you good at?
· Who is always there for you when you’ve had a rough day?
· What do you love most about your family?
· What do you love most about your best friend(s)?
· What have you done this week that made you feel good about yourself?
· What were you able to help someone else with?
· What is your favorite food?
· What is your favorite author/book?
· What do you like most about your personality?
· What do you like most about your looks?
· Who and what make your life joyful?
· What is something that you conquered that was really hard to do?
· What was the nicest thing someone did for you this week?
· What is the best compliment people give you?
· What made you laugh today?